Microsoft Exchange when combines with MS Outlook application delivers an excellent and in demand e communication environment. Such kind of environment is well cooperates with both office and home users. MS Exchange server automatically creates an OST file which is a replica of Exchange mailbox containing all the data entered by user while working offline. But often OST file users come across error issues while accessing their OST file data through Outlook.
Consider a scenario when you attempt to establish connection between MS Outlook client and Exchange server 2003 the following error message get displayed on your system screen:
"Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can connect to your Exchange server through the network, work offline, or cancel this logon"
Thus with the emergence of the error message you become unsuccessful to establish connection between Outlook and Exchange server and hence cannot access your OST file emails.
Two primary reasons responsible for this error issue are:
1.Enabled Cached Exchange Mode or
2.Migration of Client mailbox to another Exchange Server version
However your OST file data remains inaccessible to you unless you fix ost file error issue from your system. The error problem can be fixed in two possible ways:
By disabling Cached Exchange Mode – If the Cached Exchange Mode is running or in enabled state then disable it by performing the following steps:
1. Go to Tool menu>Email Account>View change the existing email account and click on Next button
2. In Outlook process email for these accounts and select the Change option
3. In Microsoft Exchange Server uncheck the Cached Exchange Mode option checkbox to disable it and restart Outlook
By creating new Outlook profile - In order to create new profiles in Outlook follow the steps given below:
1. Go to Control Panel>User Account>Mail then select show profile and click on the Add option and type the desired profile name
2. Click on OK and follow the on screen instruction to complete the process
The above mentioned steps will resolve the error problem but does not allow you to access your previously stored mailbox data from Outlook. For that you need to convert OST to PST file using genuine third party OST to PST converter tool. The tool scans the OST file and repair and convert it into PST hence making it accessible to you.